Experiencing Karma
I think I recently experienced Karma.
I hope.
On a recent trip to Houston, I became aware of some commotion on the other side of the security check-in. While retrieving my belongings I noticed an elderly black man was being escorted via a cart. On first glimpse I thought it may have been Gayle Sayers. But it quickly dawned on me that it was Mohammad Ali. My fellow travelers near the gate we're clapping in appreciation. I did not. As his cart turned to take him down to the gate, he glanced up and in a moment our eyes met. I smiled. He smiled. I held up my hand in a wave. He held up him hand in a wave. And then in an instant he was gone.
Sitting on the plane on the way to Houston, I occupied myself with the Continental Inflight Magazine Crossword Puzzle. And there it was, 52 Across: Clay who became Mohammad Ali.
Cassius
And there you have it, karma

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home